- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
5. Three words: volunteer, volunteer and volunteer more. Nothing beats the experience you gain when you are out in the field - Kasun Bandara Ekanayake, Birds Australia.
4. Always ensure that you optimise opportunities for relational networking with people - Zac Powell, Department of Sustainability and Environment.
3. Be prepared to move anywhere in order to get your first job. It may only be for 6 months or a year but the experience you gain in your first job definitely helps you “get your foot in the door” for other jobs that you apply for - Chris McGrath - Department of Primary Industries.
2. Get experience working in labs. Spend time in your undergraduate degree volunteering to visit labs for work experience. It allows you to learn valuable skills while getting a foot inside the door for the future. A couple of weeks a year can make a huge difference - Tyrone McDonald, CSIRO.
1. Never limit yourself to a specific niche; unless you are one-hundred percent sure it’s where you want to go - Zac Powell, Department of Sustainability and Environment.