If you are looking at making changes, you need to start with the basics of what, why and how. The resources on the Counselling web site can assist, as can a visit to a counsellor. Before you decide which direction you want to go in, ask yourself the following questions. These questions may help you organise your thoughts before meeting with a counsellor.
- What are you thinking, feeling, or doing that tells you there is a problem?
- How are your thoughts, feelings and behaviours affecting your study?
- What have you already done to try and fix the problem?
- Will you need to contact your lecturers to seek extensions or Special Consideration?
- Who else might you seek help from?
- What is going well in your life?
- What are you doing to care for yourself at the moment?
- What do you hope to achieve by talking to a counsellor?
Support is also available regarding your physical health, a disability, study skills, careers, or finance.