- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic volunteer Peer Advisors to work with the Study Abroad & Exchange team during Trimester 3, 2013. Participation in our program will give you the chance to meet exchange students from around the world, and join in fun activities! This is a terrific way to boost your resume and gain valuable experience within Deakin International.
The Application for Trimester 3, 2013 will be announced at a later date.
To become a Peer Advisor you would need to be/have:
• A current Deakin student
• Undertaking studies during Trimester 3
• Previously completed an exchange program through Deakin
• Well-organised and reliable
• Able to work within a team
• A motivated public speaker
• Passionate about meeting new people
• Interested in international culture
Tasks would include (but are not limited to):
• Advising students on the exchange program process
• Attendance of the Peer Advisor training day
• Availability to volunteer and participate up to four hours a week
• Participation with specified activities and project during Trimester 3
• General administrative duties
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to participate in a three week cultural exchange program to Korea/China.
The trip will include free of charge:
• Cultural activities
• Some meals
• Travel grants, provided to subsidise most of flight costs
If this is a program you woudl be interested in, then we would love to hear from you!