Other institution examinations
Deakin University offers examination services to students studying through other institutions and also to other institutions who are seeking an examination venue in Melbourne, Geelong, Warrnambool or one of our many world wide venues.
Melbourne Burwood Campus
221 Burwood Hwy, Burwood, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (Campus map)
- Car parking
Parking is available at various open-air and undercover areas on the main Campus and at the nearby Elgar Road precinct. Car parking permits are required. Day permits are available from ticket vending machines indicated on the Campus map.
The number 75 tram from Spencer Street Station or Flinders Street in the city centre stops right outside the campus on Burwood Highway. The number 70 tram from the city to Wattle Park is also an option with a 10-minute walk to the Campus.
Buses connect with a number of suburban train stations. Bus number 767 departs from Box Hill Station on the Lilydale/Belgrave line or Jordanville on the Glen Waverley line. Bus number 732 departs from Box Hill Station or Upper Ferntree Gully, both on the Belgrave line.
Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
75 Pigdons Rd, Waurn Ponds, Geelong, Victoria, Australia (Campus map)
- Car parking
Ample parking is available with a free parking area and several areas requiring annual or daily parking permits. Day permits are available from ticket vending machines indicated on the Campus map.
Half-hourly service includes express buses or services via suburban areas which operate between the Campus and Geelong city.
Princes Hwy, Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia (Campus map)
- Car parking
Car parking is available on the Campus with fees applicable in some areas. Day permits are available from ticket vending machines indicated on the Campus map.
Daily rail and bus services run from Melbourne, Geelong, Mt Gambier, Portland, Port Fairy, Ballarat and Hamilton. These services connect with public transport to other regional and interstate centres. For further information telephone Countrylink 13 22 32.
- Shuttle bus
The Deakin bus runs hourly between the central business district and the campus. This service connects with other local bus routes.
Deakin University has over 300 examination venues world wide. Contact us to determine which venue best meets your needs. We will endeavour to arrange supervision and a venue at one of these locations providing at least four weeks notice is given.
back to top
Deakin University can supervise your examinations on weekdays all year round, except for some public holidays. We do not currently arrange weekend examinations. Contact us to check availability.
A quote can be arranged upon request. Costs will vary according to student numbers and examination duration. There is a set rate for individual students requesting to sit examinations.
Assessments and Graduations
Division of Student Administration
Locked Bag 20000
Geelong VIC 3220
Telephone 03 5227 3223 (international +613 5227 3223)
Facsimile 03 5227 2344 (international +613 5227 2344)
Terms and conditions
- Morning examination sessions begin at 9 am and afternoon examination sessions begin at 1.30 pm. Reading time, if permitted, begins at these times.
- If you do not contact Deakin University to cancel your examination at least 24 hours prior to your allocated examination session, you or your institution will be charged for the examination.
- Deakin University will invoice institutions directly for the costs of all examinations as soon as possible after the examinations are complete for that institution. Terms are payment in $AUD within 30 days of date of issue of the invoice.
- If the student is required to pay their own examination expenses, Deakin University will directly invoice the student. This will include instructions on how to pay. The student must pay for the examination at least 3 days prior to the examination or face the cancellation of the examination session/s at Deakin University.
- It is the responsibility of the institution to ensure that all examination papers are at Deakin University one week prior to the first examination. All examinations are to be sent to the address above.
- The institution should clearly note which Campus they have allocated for the student/s in question on the examination material.
- Examination papers and material should be clearly labelled with the subject title and number, the scheduled date, time and duration of the examination and detailed instructions for the supervisor.
- Where possible, the institution should provide self-addressed envelopes or courier bags for return of examinations and scripts. Deakin University will return completed examinations and scripts to the institution as soon as possible following the examination session.
back to top