Want to submit an event to 'What’s on this week'?
All students and staff are welcome to submit events for approval which relate to university activities on 'What's on this week'.
Before you submit an article, here are a few important points to note:
Is your event for students or for the public as well?
Events which are for students only should be submitted to via 'whats on this week' in the portal. Events which are open to the public should be submitted via the Marketing events calendar. Important note: Information on the mobile app and the Deakin students web page extracts data from both event calendars. To avoid duplication, events should only be submitted into one of the above calendars, depending on the audience.Details on how to submit are outlined below.
- Events are visible by students across all campuses.
As events posted on the 'What's on this week' will be visible by students across all campuses. You are welcome to submit events which are held at only one campus, but will need to state this in your article. This will also be displayed in the title the following letters:
- (B) Melbourne Burwood Campus
- (F) Geelong Waterfront Campus
- (G) Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
- (W) Warrnambool Campus
- Student events can be seen by the public.
Events posted on the 'What's on this week' will be visible to the public both at deakin.edu.au/students and the DeakinMobile app.
- Events must relate to university activities
Approvers reserve the right to decide if the content of an article is inappropriate for publication.
- Events will generally only be displayed in the week which they occur (week commencing on Mondays). If there are a number of events being held in one week it is possible that they may not all be visible from the home page of the Deakin student webpage, but clicking on the 'more...' link will provide access to the entire list of events for the week.
HOW TO SUBMIT AN EVENT FOR DEAKIN STUDENTS
- Go to the news submission page and click on 'submit a news article for consideration' in the news section.
- Complete the following three sections of the form as follows:
Title - List a brief description of the event. The approvers will modify the title so that it is displayed in the following format prior to publication.
Body text- Include sufficient relevant information about the event, including who can attend, day, date, time, campus and an event description.
Topic- Select 'What’s on this week for students'.
Other fields- There is no need to fill in any other fields - these will be modified by the approvers.
- Ensure you click on 'Post this to ALL currently enrolled Deakin students' or 'Post this to ALL current Deakin staff and students'.
- Click on 'Submit article'.
HOW TO SUBMIT AN EVENT WHICH IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Events open to the public (for example, conferences, seminars and exhibitions) may be able to be posted on the Marketing Events Calendar.
Got an event coming up? Want to let students know about it? 'What's on this week' is an easy and effective way to get your message out there! Submit an event now!