Alliance Operational Model for 2014
Due to current Alliance budget constraints the 2013 model of Alliance operation is not sustainable for 2014. Annual funding contributions from members for Alliance Coordinators and a Project Officer are not available at this time. Alternative 2014 operational options were tabled for discussion at the end of year Alliance Executive Meeting in October 2013.
The Executive agreed on a Work schedule for 2014 which supported using existing budget surplus funds to maintaining Executive meetings as a forum for intelligence sharing and identification of common priority projects as well as continuing the Peter Quail Oration under the Alliance banner.
Key features of the Works Schedule for 2014
- Continue Alliance Executive meetings (x 2 per year) for intelligence sharing and collaboration on common priority projects
- Continue Peter Quail Oration under Alliance banner
- Current Advisory group activity be discontinued
- Current surplus to be used to support Alliance Governance tasks and Peter Quail Oration
- Project Officer EFT position reduced to fit budget constraints (from 0.6 to 0.2)
Project Collaboration Advisory Group
Executive participants reached consensus agreement to replace the former three advisory groups with one reconfigured Project Collaboration Advisory Group with well-defined Terms of Reference as below:
- Two meetings per year for intelligence sharing & collaboration on common priority projects to build joined up research and prevention capacity building
- Meetings to focus on linking up existing working groups across organizations and exposure for DH/DHS staff to Deakin research staff and resources and evidence based solutions
- Forum to table projects for wider Alliance collaboration and support
- Project activity to be specifically resourced from members existing capacity with Alliance resources only available for Advisory Group support eg chair meetings, organize venues, agendas and minutes. Alliance does not have the capacity to action any project activity arising