the Alliance aims to:
- be instrumental in harnessing the skills, experience and research capabilities of Deakin University staff to contribute to service planning and development within the Department of Health/Department of Human Services (Barwon-South Western Region)
- create alignment between Department of Health/Department of Human Services (Barwon-South Western Region) regional priorities and Deakin University research priorities in order to identify evidence which might inform policy and practice to build community capacity and reduce disadvantage and inequality
- contribute to the development of major government initiatives
- harness the opportunities that arise from the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) National Health Reform agenda
- emphasise early intervention by focusing on local risk factors and promote a shared understanding of ‘health and wellbeing’
- develop a coordinated and strategic approach to student placements which addresses the needs of Deakin University, the Department of Health/Department of Human Services and the health and community sectors.
3rd April 2013