Planning and Resources committee terms of reference
Download a PDF of the Planning and Resources Committee terms of reference.
The terms of reference of the Planning and Resources Committee are:
- To advise the Vice-Chancellor on planning and resources matters aligned to the University's
strategic priorities and government policy.
- To make recommendations to the Vice-Chancellor regarding the University’s Strategic Plan, Operational Plan and associated Plans.
- To make recommendations to the Vice-Chancellor regarding the University's student load
profile consistent with strategic priorities and government requirements including:
- allocation of Commonwealth supported places across faculties and levels
- setting targets for other than Commonwealth places by faculty and category
- consider changes to faculty course, unit and campus profiles.
- To make recommendations to the Vice-Chancellor on the introduction of new partnerships which have budgetary implications.
- To endorse the University's annual budget and triennial financial plan including:
- operating expenditure allocations
- major facilities development priorities
- capital expenditure projects.
- To make recommendations to the Vice-Chancellor regarding
- tuition fees for consideration by the Finance and Business Affairs Committee
- To review DUSA's budget and service proposals.
- To oversee the University's performance including:
- performance against strategic and operational plan targets
- performance in addressing areas identified for quality improvement
- performance against budget for faculties and divisions
- performance against student load targets by category
- risk management
- asset management and utilisation
- the University's partner teaching activities.
- To advise on appropriate continuous improvement activities including:
- student evaluations of teaching, units, supervision and fee paying courses
- faculty and division quality assurance reviews
- satisfaction surveys of staff, partners and other entities.
- To oversee the development of University policies relating to the achievement of the University's Strategic and Operational Plans.
- The Committee may establish, monitor and receive advice from working parties.
Back to top
Back to the Planning and Resources Committee