Deakin University - E-election - Faculty Boards
Welcome to the Deakin University - E-election web-site.
Click here to vote
The Faculty Board - Powers and Duties
- The faculty board has responsibility for maintaining the highest standards in teaching and research within the faculty with particular emphasis on selection, advanced standing and assessment.
- The faculty board shall ensure compliance by the faculty with all relevant Academic Board policies.
- The faculty board shall advise Academic Board on matters relating to the educational and research programs offered through the faculty and shall report through the Dean to Academic Board on any matters upon which Academic Board is empowered to seek advice.
- The faculty board shall report through the dean to the Vice-Chancellor upon any matter referred to it by the Vice-Chancellor.
- The faculty board shall consider any proposal for the prescription of texts, software or other course related materials in which a staff member or other University personnel has a financial interest. If the faculty board is satisfied that such prescription is appropriate, it shall request the dean to convey such a recommendation to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) for approval.
- A faculty board may recommend to the Academic Board the establishment of prizes, scholarship or fellowships.
- A faculty board shall develop Faculty Rules to implement academic operational policies within a faculty-specific context. These rules shall be forwarded to Academic Board for approval.
- The faculty board shall be responsible for reviewing proposals for new courses and the continuation or discontinuation of existing courses and for submitting these for consideration by the Planning and Resources Committee and the Academic Board.
- Each faculty board may constitute and appoint such committees as it thinks fit.
excerpt from REGULATION 02.03(01) - THE FACULTIES
Enquiries may be directed to:
Council and Committee Services
Geelong Waterfront Campus
Tel: 522 78546 Fax: 522 78551