What to do if... dangerous and threatening person/s
- Staff should report suspicious persons and vehicles to security, dial 222.
- If an aggressor persists with threats of violence:
Contact Police, dial 0, then 000 or
Contact Security, dial 222.
- After a traumatic event has occurred on campus, the senior counsellor from
the Division of Student Life should be requested to assist those staff or
students affected by the incident.
- If you have felt endangered or threatened, always report the incident.
- Personal security precautions:
- Staff and students may make arrangements with security guards to
provide safe passage to their cars. Arrange this service ahead of time,
by calling 222.
- If you are on campus at night, try to ensure that you travel around in groups
of 2 or more.
- Academic staff should encourage groups of students attending the
University after dark to park in the same car park, and return to their
- If you are going to stay on campus after dark, move your cars as
close as possible to your building during the later afternoon.
- Volunteer to accompany people who need to cross the campus at night,
and take someone else with you to keep you company on the return journey.
12th April 2013