Biological Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (BioMEMS)
BioMEMS is a key research area part of the Advanced Design and Manufacturing group in the School of Engineering that spans several disciplines including electronics, mechanics, biology, chemistry, medical, and materials.
The mission of BioMEMS is to foster an environment of collaborative scientific excellence where research will lead to discoveries involving:
- Comprehension of micro-electro-mechanical systems that could interface with and operate within biological organisms.
- Development of microsystems using micro/nano fabrication technologies for a variety of biotechnological applications.
Our research topics include:
- Medical/biological devices
- Microfluidic lab-on-a-chips
- Sensor/wireless devices
- Energy/actuator systems
- Embedded control and processing
- Multiphysics modelling and analysis