Deakin Engineering Education Research (DEER) is dedicated to the establishment of a multi-disciplinary research platform that that enables researchers to address current and future challenges in engineering education. DEER brings together academic staff from across the University with research interests engineering educational.
The DEER Group includes nationally and internationally recognised researchers in the field of engineering education and has the expertise to deliver high impact collaborative research in the areas of design based learning, project based learning, distance education, and educational technologies.
- Establish itself as a node for strategic research addressing the national research priorities in engineering education
- Facilitate collaboration with industry and other research institutions leading to improved and increased research outputs
- Demonstrate a commitment to attracting and retaining external funding in an area that has significant potential future growth
- Design Based Learning (DBL)
- Project Based Learning (PBL)
- Distance Education (Dist. Edu.)
- Educational Technologies (Ed. Tech.)