Regional, remote and elite sporting bonuses
Exercise and Sport Science Elite Athlete Bonus
Deakin acknowledges the challenges that elite level athletes face when they undertake secondary studies whilst at the same time achieving and participating at an elite level within their sport.
From 2017 an Elite Athlete Bonus will be available to eligible elite Year 12 student athletes to receive 5 bonus aggregate points towards their entry score for admission to these courses:
H343 Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science (Burwood and Waurn Ponds)
D394 Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science/Bachelor of Business (Sport Management) (Burwood and Waurn Ponds)
In offering this bonus scheme Deakin acknowledges that our courses attract interest from student-athletes who have committed substantial time to their sport throughout their secondary schooling and who have achieved participation at an elite level within their sport.
Therefore, offering this Elite Athlete bonus provides greater opportunity and acknowledgment for elite athletes to be able to study Victoria’s field leading courses in Exercise and Sport Science.
For more information, visit the Deakin Access and Equity Programs page.
Who is eligible?
To be considered for this bonus applicants must:
- be a current Year 12 student undertaking their final year of schooling, and
- participate in sports at an elite level; national or international level and provide evidence to support this claim.
How to apply
Applicants are required to register and apply for an Exercise and Sport Science undergraduate course at Deakin University via the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) system, and to also submit the following extra documents within their application:
- a personal statement indicating how their studies have been impacted by participation in sport at an elite level
- evidence of their participation in sport at an elite level; national or international level; for example, a written endorsement by one of the following organisations:
- Australian Institute of Sport
- State Institute or Academy of Sport
- AFL Players' Association
- Australian Cricketers Association
- Rugby Union Players Association
- Rugby League Professional Association
- Australian Professional Footballers Association
- National squad members from Australian Sports Commission funded sports
- Senior/head coaches from: state and territory institutes or academies of sport
- National senior teams from Australian Sports Commission funded sports or participating professional sports