Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science
Course summary for local students
|Award granted||Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Science|
|Length||5.5 years full-time or part-time equivalent|
Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
|CRICOS course code||075865G|
|Deakin course code||D372|
The Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science course takes five and a half years to complete on a full-time basis or part time equivalent (unless trimesters are fully utilised by students).
You may combine one of the engineering major sequences - civil, electrical and electronics, mechanical or mechatronics and robotics engineering - with a Science stream, for example, Biology, Biological Chemistry, Chemistry, Mathematical Modelling and Zoology. Only the Mathematical Modelling major is available in Cloud (online) mode.
This combined course comprises a total of 44 credit points which must include the following:
- 30 credit points of core engineering units
- One approved Engineering major:
- Combined Engineering students are exempt from Engineering elective requirements.
- See course entry for the Bachelor of Engineering (S367) for details of core units.
- 16 credit points of Science units including:
- 7 Bachelor of Science core units
- One 8 credit point major from the Bachelor of Science:
- 2 Engineering units course grouped for Science: SEP101 and SIT194
- See course entry for the Bachelor of Science (S320) for further details.
Students must meet the minimum requirements for each award.