Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Commerce
Course summary for local students
|Award granted||Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Commerce|
|Length||5.5 years full-time or part-time equivalent|
Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
|CRICOS course code||075866G|
|Deakin course code||D373|
The Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Commerce course takes five and a half years to complete on a full-time basis or part time equivalent (unless trimesters are fully utilised by students).
You may combine one of the engineering major sequences - civil, electrical and electronics, mechanical or mechatronics and robotics engineering - with a relevant Commerce major.
This combined course comprises a total of 44 credit points which must include the following:
- 29 core engineering units (D373 students complete MMM132 and are exempt from SEB121)
- One approved Engineering major:
- Combined Engineering students are exempt from Engineering elective requirements.
- See course entry for the Bachelor of Engineering (S367) for details of core units.
- 16 credit points of units from the Faculty of Business and Law including:
- 10 Bachelor of Commerce core units: MAA103, MAE101, MAE102, MAF101, MLC101, MMM132, MIS101, MIS171, MMH299 and MMK277;
- One 6 credit point major sequence from the Bachelor of Commerce:
- a minimum of 4 credit points at level 3, which must be Faculty of Business and Law units course-grouped* to a Faculty of Business and Law undergraduate degree.
- 2 Engineering units course grouped for Commerce: SEB223 and SEB324*
- See course entry for the Bachelor of Commerce (M300) for further details.
Students must meet the minimum requirements for each award.