Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Information Technology
Course summary for international students
|Award granted ||Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Information Technology|
|CRICOS course code||075867F|
|Deakin course code ||D375|
The Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Information Technology course takes five and a half years to complete on a full-time basis or part time equivalent (unless trimesters are fully utilised by students).
You may combine one of the engineering major sequences - civil, electrical and electronics, mechanical or mechatronics and robotics engineering - with a major in Information Technology.
Back to top
The Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Information Technology offers you the chance to broaden your career opportunities after graduation. The opportunities available will depend on the major sequences you take within your course. For information on career outcomes for this combined course see the entries for Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Engineering.
Back to top
This combined course comprises a total of 44 credit points which must include the following:
- 30 credit points of core engineering units
- One approved Engineering major:
- electrical and electronics
- mechatronics and robotics
- Combined Engineering students are exempt from Engineering elective requirements.
- See course entry for the Bachelor of Engineering (S367) for details of core units.
Information Technology component:
- 16 credit points of Information Technology units including:
- 8 credit points of core IT units
- One IT major:
- Computer Science
- Game Development
- Software Development
- Mathematical Modelling
Students must meet the minimum requirements for each award.