Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Information Technology
Course summary for local students
|Award granted||Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Information Technology|
|Length||5.5 years full-time or part-time equivalent|
Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
|CRICOS course code||075867F|
|Deakin course code||D375|
The Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Information Technology course takes five and a half years to complete on a full-time basis or part time equivalent (unless trimesters are fully utilised by students).
You may combine one of the engineering major sequences - civil, electrical and electronics, mechanical or mechatronics and robotics engineering - with a major in Information Technology.
This combined course comprises a total of 44 credit points which must include the following:
- 30 credit points of core engineering units
- One approved Engineering major:
- Combined Engineering students are exempt from Engineering elective requirements.
- See course entry for the Bachelor of Engineering (S367) for details of core units.
Information Technology component:
- 16 credit points of Information Technology units including:
- 8 credit points of core IT units
- One IT major:
- 2 Engineering units course grouped for IT: SIT172 and SEP291.
- See course entry for theBachelor of Information Technology (S326) for further details.
Students must meet the minimum requirements for each award.