Graduate Diploma of Business Analytics
Course summary for international students
|Award granted||Graduate Diploma of Business Analytics|
Offered at Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)
|Campus||Offered at Burwood (Melbourne)|
|Length||1 year full-time or part-time equivalent|
|Next available intake|
March (Trimester 1), July (Trimester 2)*, November (Trimester 3)
|Indicative annual fee 2015||$25,210* AUD|
|CRICOS course code||079918A|
IELTS overall score of 6.5 (with no band score less than 6) or equivalent
|Deakin course code||M660|
* Offered Cloud (Online) only
- Course overview
- Cloud (online) studies
- Fees and charges
- Career opportunities
- Course rules
- Course structure
- Entry requirements - general
- Entry requirements - specific
- Credit for prior learning - general
- Credit for prior learning - specific
- How to apply
- Further study
Deakin’s Graduate Diploma of Business Analytics is a collaborative education program with industry. The course develops business analytics professionals with a broad skill set that enables them to develop analytics based solutions for business.
This course introduces students to a range of internationally recognised business intelligence and analytics tools and has a very strong practice focus. You will also have access to analytics certification programs by market leaders IBM, SAS and Microsoft.
The course allows articulation into the Masters of Business Analytics course.
Cloud (online) studies
Deakin offers many courses which can be studied by distance education overseas.
However, international students living in Australia must, in each compulsory trimester (that is, Trimesters 1 and 2), enrol in at least one unit that is offered as a Campus located unit and can, in addition enrol in units offered via Cloud (online). International students are not permitted to do more than 25% of their total course via Cloud (online) learning. Best practice is to enrol in mostly Campus located units in each compulsory trimester.
In a non-compulsory trimester (Trimester 3), international students may study Cloud (online) units only.
Fees and charges
Fee paying place - International (IFP)
A fee paying place is one for which the University does not receive any government funding. As such, students enrolled in these places are required to contribute the full cost of their course.
Fees for international students apply to persons living in Australia with Temporary Resident status, provided that there is no limitation on study and persons living abroad who are not Australian citizens and do not have Permanent Resident status in Australia.
Equivalent Full Time Student Load (EFTSL)
EFTSL is the standard annual full time load. Eight credit points is the standard full time load for one year of study.
* The 'indicative annual course fee' cited has been provided as a guide only. It has been calculated on the basis of a typical enrolment of a student undertaking the course in 2015, and reflects the cost involved in undertaking a full-time quota of units within the specified discipline.
The actual fees charged by Deakin University will depend upon the discipline from which each individual unit is chosen, and may vary from the indicative course fee cited, particularly if units are chosen from a number of disciplines. The cost of each unit offered in 2015 can be viewed from the Unit Search.
Please note that the fees per unit/credit point may increase annually due to rises in the cost of course delivery and service.
Deakin assumes no responsibility for persons relying on 'indicative course fees' to calculate the total future cost of their course.
As a Graduate of the Graduate Diploma of Business Analytics you will have developed a broad set of business analytic skills highly sought after in every industry sector, particularly within professional services firms and government.
The Graduate Diploma of Business Analytics course requires completion of 8 credit points, including 5 credit points of core units and 3 credit points of general postgraduate elective units, selected from the Faculty of Business and Law and from other faculties within the University.
Students are encouraged to use the electives units to gain depth or sector expertise.
|MIS761||Enterprise Information Management|
|MIS762||Data Warehousing and Big Data Analytics|
|MIS771||Descriptive Analytics and Visualisation|
Plus 3 credit points of general postgraduate elective units
Entry requirements - general
Deakin University offers admission to postgraduate courses through a number of Admission categories. In all categories of admission, selection is based primarily on academic merit as indicated by an applicant's previous academic record. The minimum requirements are successful completion of a three-year undergraduate degree, or equivalent, from an approved university or other educational institution or successful completion of other equivalent qualifications gained by examination, or approved professional or industrial experience. International students must also meet the English language requirements.
Entry requirements - specific
- A 3 year bachelor's degree or AQF equivalent + 3 years of full-time (or equivalent part-time) professional work experience in business related roles.
- A master's degree + 3 years of full-time (or equivalent part-time) professional work experience in business related roles; or
- a graduate certificate + 5 years minimum relevant professional work experience in business related roles; or
-a Deakin Business and Law Postgraduate Qualifying Program (PQP) + 3 years of relevant work experience.
Applicants may be eligible for Credit for Prior Learning for appropriate units of completed postgraduate study.
All applicants must provide the following with their application:
- current CV
- an expression of interest demonstrating the relevance of their work experience and career aspirations to the course
- letters from two work referees to support the application and confirm work history. Ideally, one of the referees should be a current line manager. Letters must be on a company letterhead or from a company email.
IELTS / English language requirements
Please note that English language requirements exist for entry to this course and you will be required to meet the English language level requirement that is applicable in the year of your commencement of studies.
It is the students’ responsibility to ensure that she/he has the required IELTS score to register with any external accredited courses.
Credit for prior learning - general
The University aims to provide students with as much credit as possible for approved prior study or informal learning which exceeds the normal entrance requirements for the course and is within the constraints of the course regulations. Students are required to complete a minimum of one-third of the course at Deakin University, or four credit points, whichever is the greater. In the case of certificates, including graduate certificates, a minimum of two credit points within the course must be completed at Deakin.
You can also refer to the Credit for Prior Learning System which outlines the credit that may be granted towards a Deakin University degree.
Credit for prior learning - specific
Credit for prior learning into the Graduate Diploma of Business Analytics may be granted to students who have succcessfully completed appropriate postgraduate studies.
How to apply
• Applicant Portal: Use our online application system to submit and track your application now OR
• Apply through a Deakin International office: Fill out an application form and submit it to a Deakin International office OR
• Apply through a Deakin representative: Take your application form to your preferred agent for assistance.
Tracking your application
If you have already applied and wish to enquire about your application please refer to the relevant area through which you originally applied.
• If you applied through a Deakin representative please contact your representative.
• If you applied through a Deakin International office please contact