Bachelor of Arts
Return to course summary
Visual Arts - unit set code MJ-A000015
The Visual Arts major will appeal to students who are interested in careers across a variety of traditional media including painting, drawing or 3D modelling and new technologies including digital/photo imaging and computer-generated prints. A broad based course structure enables students to overlap disciplines to develop individual vision and expression by exploring the aesthetic, formal and social concerns of visual communication.
On successful completion of the Visual Arts major sequence, students should have the following skills:
- an ability to produce a conceptually, formally and thematically coherent body of work of exhibition standard
- an ability to identify a professional niche in the art industry and a preparedness to enter that industry
- an ability to negotiate the marketplace and develop productive working relationships with galleries, professional organisations and funding bodies; and
- an ability to position their own work in relation to their field of research
Note: this major is only available to students at Warrnambool who are already formally enrolled in the major. ACV307 Studio Art: Painting E and ACV308 Studio Art: Painting F will be offered for the last time in Trimester 1 2014 to continuing Warrnambool students enrolled in the major; after that time units will only be available for Warrnambool students at the Geelong, Waterfront campus.
|ACV101|| Studio Art: Painting A (B, S) |
|ACV102|| Studio Art: Painting B (B, S) |
Students to select 4 units from level 2 units on offer.
|ACV203|| Visual Narrative Studio (B, S) |
|ACV205|| Studio Art: Painting C (B, S, W) |
|EEA211|| Navigating the Visual World (B, G, S, W) |
|ACV204|| Graphic Novels and Artists' Books Studio (B, S) |
|ACV206|| Studio Art: Painting D (B, S, W) |
|EEA212|| Visual Culture: Images, Meaning and Contexts (B, G, S, W) |
|ACV307|| Studio Art: Painting E (B, S, W) |
Note: The following unit may be taken in addition to the prescribed major sequence: Trimester 1 or trimester 2 or trimester 3
|ACV308|| Studio Art: Painting F (B, S, W) |
* ALX321 - Internship units are normally undertaken in third level (or equivalent) and are subject to completion of specified prerequisite units and special application requirements. Interested students should contact Arts and Education Student Support and Enrolment Enquiries on their campus for further information.
|ALX321|| Creative Industries Internship (B, G, W, X) *|
Return to course summary