Bachelor of Arts
Details of major sequences
Animation - unit set code MJ-AU00011
The Animation major sequence offers the opportunity to develop a moving image, graphic and animation practice within the expanding digital domain. Students will explore digital animation production and publication options that include web, CD and DVD publication possibilities, and develop the skills to work with and manage such technologies effectively. Students are encouraged to develop skills in all aspects and types of animation production and learn to write and think analytically about such creative work.
On completion of the Animation major sequence students should have the following skills:
- an ability to implement and manage all stages of production of a professional digital animation project.
- an ability to develop a unique production path for a digital project for a variety of publication platforms.
- an ability to think and write effectively about innovative moving image animation work and digital culture.
- an ability to use advanced digital image production technologies.
- an ability to work in collaborative and team settings on graphic moving image tasks.
- an ability to work efficiently to deadlines in an industrial setting.
Level 1 and level 2
|AMC203||Effects, Graphics and Compositing|
|AMC228||Building 3D Objects & Worlds|
Trimester 1 or Trimester 3
|AMC104||Principles of Character Animation|
|AMC204||3D Character Animation|
Character Design and Rigging for 3D
Select 2 credit points from the following:
|AMC300||Pre-Production & Project Pitch|
|AMC327||Envisioning Games & Design Worlds|
Trimester 1 or Trimester 2
|ACC317||Communication and Creative Arts Internship A (formerly ALX321)|