Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communication)
Details of Areas of Study
Animation - unit set code MJ-AU00011
The Animation area of study offers the opportunity to develop a moving image, graphic and animation practice within the expanding digital domain. Students will explore digital animation production and publication options that include web, CD and DVD publication possibilities, and develop the skills to work with and manage such technologies effectively. Students are encouraged to develop skills in all aspects and types of animation production and learn to write and think analytically about such creative work.
On completion of the Animation sequence of units students should have the following skills:
- an ability to implement and manage all stages of production of a professional digital animation project.
- an ability to develop a unique production path for a digital project for a variety of publication platforms.
- an ability to think and write effectively about innovative moving image animation work and digital culture.
- an ability to use advanced digital image production technologies.
- an ability to work in collaborative and team settings on graphic moving image tasks.
- an ability to work efficiently to deadlines in an industrial setting.
Level 1 and level 2
Trimester 1 or trimester 2
3D WORLD BUILDING(formerly ACM138)
|AMC100||Animation Narratives(formerly ACM132)|
|AMC203||Effects, Graphics and Compositing(formerly ACM225)|
|AMC104||Principles of Character Animation(formerly ACM133)|
|AMC200||Digital Animation(formerly ACM239)|
Trimester 1 or trimester 2 or trimester 3
|ACC317||Communication and Creative Arts Internship A|
|ACC318||Communication and Creative Arts Internship B|
|AMC300||Pre-Production & Project Pitch(formerly ACM327)|