Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communication)
Public Relations - unit set code MJ-A000021
The Public Relations major sequence is concerned with the management of communication between people, agencies and various publics. Students will study such areas as crisis and issues management, organisational public relations and public relations campaigns; and will develop the necessary skills for effective public relations.
On successful completion of the Public Relations major sequence, students should have the following discipline-specific skills:
- an ability to explain the role of public relations in society;
- an ability to differentiate between the various areas of public relations;
- an ability to explain the legal and regulatory context of public relations;
- an ability to prepare public relations strategies using traditional, internet and social media tactics;
- the ability to write and communicate for public relations practice across a broad range of professional contexts.
ALR103 Introduction to Public Relations ALW117 Professional Writing for Work
Select 6 credit points, including at least 2 credit points at level 2 and at least 2 credit points at level 3 from the following:
Level 2 and Level 3
|ALR206||Social Media Strategy and Tactics|ALR207 Media Relations
|ALR276||Ethical Communication and Citizenship|ALR279 Public Relations Management
|ALR383||Lobbying, Advocacy and Public Opinion|
|ALR300||Public Relations Campaigns and Practice (2 credit points)|