Bachelor of Health Sciences
The following majors and minors are available within the Bachelor of Health Sciences.
Availability of majors and minors at each campus varies, including majors and minors offered through Deakin Learning Centres. Refer to the details of each major for campus and Deakin Learning Centre availability.
- Environmental Health - Major
- Exercise Science - Major and Minor
- Family, Society and Health - Major and Minor
- Food Studies - Major and Minor
- Health Promotion - Major and Minor
- Health and Sustainability - Major and Minor
- Medical Biotechnology - Major and Minor
- Nutrition - Major and Minor
- People, Society and Disability - Major and Minor
- Physical Activity and Health - Major and Minor
- Psychology - for students that started in or before 2015 only
- Psychological Science - Major
- Psychology for Professional Development - Major and Minor
- Sport Coaching - Major and Minor
A major sequence in the Faculty of Health consists of a minimum of 6 credit points in a particular discipline area, including at least 2 credit points at each of levels 2 and 3. Students enrolled in other courses and faculties may take these sequences, or take minor sequences (4 credit points, 2 each at two level levels) or individual electives from these discipline areas, subject to meeting the prerequisites.
Individual units cannot be counted towards more than one major. Where the units in one major have already been counted towards another, students must take additional units in the second discipline area. For example, HBS109 is one of the units in Nutrition, as well as being part of the Exercise Science major sequence. Students wishing to combine these two majors must take an additional unit, either in Exercise (HSE) or in Nutrition (HSN). Your student advisor can provide more information.
Faculty of Health minor sequences consist of 4 credit points, as outlined in each major that has a minor sequence available.
Faculty of Health major sequences are described below. Each unit is worth 1 credit point (cp), unless otherwise specified. Unit offerings are subject to resources and demand.