ACF205 - Television Production
|Year||2015 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne)|
Trimester 2: Burwood (Melbourne)
|Cohort rule:||(Only available to students enrolled in an Arts or Arts combined course)|
ACM237 Television Production
|Unit chair:||E Baulch|
Students commencing prior to 2008 must have completed one unit from: ACF105, ACM111.
Students commencing from 2008 onwards must have completed one units from: ACF103, ACM112.
1 x 3 hour Seminar per week
This unit enables students to develop an understanding of the principles and practices of television studio production. By examining the context and evolution of historical and contemporary production practices, students will develop understandings of the operations and creative possibilities associated with studio production genres. Projects and exercises will be collaborative and group based with the emphasis placed on the development of pre-production planning, production management and studio production skills.
Topics will include:
- an overview of the histories of broadcast, corporate, and community television practices
- an analysis of television studio production styles and genres
- the relations between pre-production and production process
- studio procedures, technical roles and crew responsibilities
- the collaborative process between cast and crew
Project Production Tasks - 60%
Project Evaluations – 40%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.