ACM102 - Pixel to Print: Digital Imaging 1
|Cohort rule:||(Only available to students enrolled in an Arts or Arts combined course)|
|Unit chair:||P Pound|
Online teaching methods require internet access. Please refer to the most current computer specifications.
Quotas apply to this unit.
This unit examines the photo-based image as a cultural, social and technical artefact. It examines representation in the digital and analogue realms. Production techniques include digital photography - both referent-based and non referent-based subjects, digital montage, conceptualisation, conceptual approaches and virtual realities. Production activities are designed to develop visual and digital literacy and photo compositing software skills with an emphasis on high quality output and presentation for screen and print.
This unit encourages the development of a range of skills including:
• basic digital photography
• image retouching
• colour correction
• use of layers and masks
• scanning reflective and transmissive materials
• technical and creative photo-compositing
• preparing images for screen-based viewing and print
• conceptual and creative photography
• typography and the relationship between text and image
• critical and intellectual analysis
Four production assignments/research assignments worth 20%, 20%, 30% and 30%.
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.