ACM111 - Sound, Light, Motion
(Only available to students enrolled in courses A351, A352, A353 and A358)
|Unit chair:||J Cumming|
Note:Online teaching methods require internet access. Please refer to the most current computer specifications.
The unit will enable students to:
- develop skills in film and video design, production and teamwork
- safely and creatively operate film and video production equipment
- demonstrate an understanding of tone, contrast, perspective and montage
- design shots and scenes with attention to lighting, camera movement and the relationship between sound and image
- locate resources that support film and video production including specialist journals, monographs, audio-visual and online publications
- use appropriate terminology and diagrams to describe and analyse the technical and creative elements of imaginative filmmaking.
Health and Safety hurdle: Students will be required to undertake workshops in the safe use of electrical and mechanical filmmaking equipment, and to pass a test of safe operational competence before embarking on practical assessment tasks for this unit.
Practical workshop tasks: Exercises to test skill development and technical knowledge acquisition 20%, Folio assignment 1 30%, Folio assignment 2 50%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.