ACM237 - TV Studio Production
Trimester 1 or Trimester 2
|Cohort rule:||(Only available to students enrolled in an Arts or Arts combined course)|
|Unit chair:||E Baulch|
Students who commenced prior to 2008 must have completed ACM111. Students who commence from 2008 onwards must have completed ACM112.
Note:Online teaching methods require internet access. Please refer to the most current computer specifications.
This unit enables students to develop an understanding of the principles and practices of television studio production. By examining the context and evolution of historical and contemporary production practices, students will develop understandings of the operations and creative possibilities associated with studio production genres. Projects and exercises will be collaborative and group based with the emphasis placed on the development of pre-production planning, production management and studio production skills.
Topics will include:
- an overview of the histories of broadcast, corporate, and community television practices
- an analysis of television studio production styles and genres
- the relations between pre-production and production process
- studio procedures, technical roles and crew responsibilities
- the collaborative process between cast and crew
Online quizzes 20%
Minor Project tasks 25%
Major Project tasks 55%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.