ADS715 - Cross Cultural Communication and Practice
|Year||2015 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 3: Cloud (online)|
|Previously coded as:|
|Unit chair:||M Kelly|
This unit focuses on the diversity of cultures, how difference between ethnic groups is constructed and how to respond appropriately to difference. It provides the student with an understanding of the principles of cross-cultural communication and practice and development of cultural competency as community development practitioners in different cultural settings. Students will be encouraged to apply and analyse their experiences as case-studies.
Topics to be addressed in this unit include:
- the meanings of culture and how it affects community development practice;
- the meanings of cultural competence;
- cultural conflict;
- cross-cultural communication skills;
- cross-cultural teamwork in community development;
- building culturally competent community partnerships;
- cross-cultural negotiation and conflict resolution.
One essay 2000 words 40% and one essay 3000 words 60%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.