ADS716 - Humanitarian Settlement
|Year||2015 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 2: Cloud (online)|
|Previously coded as:|
|Unit chair:||N Higgins|
For students who commenced prior to 2014: Nil
For students who commenced from 2014: ADS701 for students enrolled in courses A511, A611 or A727
Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin.
In the context of the increasing movement of refugees throughout the world, there has been an expanding need for countries to develop clear policies, protocols and practices for the effective and humane resettlement of refugees. This unit aims to provide the student with an understanding of the concepts of refugee and refugee resettlement, the refugee experiences of resettlement and refugee resettlement policies and practices. It aims to equip students to facilitate refugee resettlement and foster autonomous action amongst refugee groups.
Topics to be addressed in this unit include:
- the concepts of refugee and refugee resettlement
- international, United Nations and Australian policies of refugee resettlement
- what it means to be a refugee: refugee experiences
- refugee resettlement programs
- how to facilitate refugee settlement into local communities
- how to facilitate autonomous action and independence amongst refugee groups
- refugee related trauma.
One essay 2000 words 40% and one essay 3000 words 60%.
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.