ADS753 - International and Community Development Internship
|Year||2017 unit information|
Trimester 1, Trimester 2 and Trimester 3 Internship unit
|Previously coded as:|
Trimester 1: Max Kelly
Trimester 2: Anthony Ware
Trimester 3: Max Kelly
The internship unit is subject to completion of core units and has special application requirements. Students should contact the unit chair in the first instance for further information.
Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin
Internship enrolment is subject to completion of specified prerequisite units and special application requirements.
Interested students should look at the Faculty Student Mobility website information http://www.deakin.edu.au/arts-ed/internships/ and are strongly advised to complete the pre internship modules: https://d2l.deakin.edu.au/login.asp?target=/d2l/lms/legacy/selfregistration.d2l?ou=6605
The Internship unit offers students an opportunity to gain first hand work experience in a region or employment sector closely associated with topics studied at university, and to explore the practical applications of their academic study. Students are expected to complete a minimum of 300 hours (40 x 7.5) or 8 weeks full-time (or part time equivalent) of work experience in their chosen site. The unit provides a framework for student assessment of their knowledge, skills and work choices in relation to the practices and implementation of selected topics in International and Community Development.
The structure of the unit includes:
- Pre-placement planning and organisation, including recommended reading,
- In field contact and ongoing reporting via journal and CloudDeakin discussions,
- Post fieldwork project report.
Supervision of the student in the internship will include:
- Initial interviews to establish the student’s needs and areas of employment interest,
- Agreement on placement,
- Briefing by the supervisor on the tasks outlined in the project, and the focus of major assessment,
- Academic supervision is conducted using a range of asynchronous and synchronous online technologies and individual mentoring as required.
Students enrolled in this unit receive an ungraded pass/fail result based on assessment of the following:
Pre-departure Report, 1500 words
Journal, 2500 words
Report, 6000 words
Unit Fee Information
Unit fee information available soon