AIM703 - Introduction to Heritage Planning
|Year||2015 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Cloud (online)|
|Unit chair:||K Buckley|
AIM701 and AIM705 or permission from the unit chair.
Cloud (online): Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin.
- The Emergence of Heritage Planning in Australia
- Current Approaches to Heritage Planning in Australia
- Indigenous Heritage and Planning
- Heritage Planning in the Asia Pacific Region
- Defining Heritage Places and Precincts
- The Planner’s Tool Kit for Heritage Planning 1
- The Planner’s Tool Kit for Heritage Planning 2
- Heritage Listing and the Property Market
- The Economic Effects of Heritage Listing
- Contemporary Issues in Heritage Planning
- Communities and Heritage Planning This amounts to compression of the topics on law and the property market; and addition of specific topics on Asia-Pacific and Indigenous issues in planning
Two assignments totalling 5000 words, 35% and 45%. Weekly online discussion participation, 20%.
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.