AIM704 - Heritage, Development and Tourism in the Asia-Pacific Region
|Year||2015 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 2: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)|
|Unit chair:||J Sweet|
Cloud (online): Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin.
Campus: Students are required to attend a 2 day a week intensive for 3 weeks.
Module 1: Cultural Tourism
- Dimensions of global tourism
- What is tourism and who are the tourists?
- A brief history of tourism
- Definitions of cultural tourism
- Issues of culture and tourism
Module 2: Sustainability and Cultural Tourism
- Economic, socio-cultural and physical effects of tourism
- Tourism and host cultures
- Sustainable development and sustainable tourism in Australia
Module 3: Cultural Tourism: Policy and Practice Issues
- Case studies from the Asia-Pacific region
2 assignments, both of 2500 words, 50% of final mark each
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.