AIM704 - Heritage, Development and Tourism in the Asia-Pacific Region
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 2: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)|
|Unit chair:||S Cooke|
Note:You will need to access substantial learning resources and experiences in CloudDeakin (Deakin’s online learning environment). Compliance with the Standards in computing, connectivity and student capability are a condition on your enrolment.
Module 1: Cultural Tourism
- Dimensions of global tourism
- What is tourism and who are the tourists?
- A brief history of tourism
- Definitions of cultural tourism
- Issues of culture and tourism
- Economic, socio-cultural and physical effects of tourism
- Tourism and host cultures
- Sustainable development and sustainable tourism in Australia
- Case studies from the Asia-Pacific region
2 assignments, both of 2500 words, 50% of final mark each
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.