AIM707 - Introduction to Traditional Buildings
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Cloud (online)|
|Unit chair:||L Young|
Note:You will need to access substantial learning resources and experiences in CloudDeakin (Deakin’s online learning environment). Compliance with the Standards in computing, connectivity and student capability are a condition on your enrolment.
Module 1: Traditional Building Materials, Techniques and Agents of Deterioration 1
- Timber: Timber framed buildings and their cladding: slab, log, wattle-and-daub, weatherboard, other claddings eg: corrugated iron
- Colonial period building styles
Module 2: Traditional Building Materials, Techniques and Agents of Deterioration 2
- Masonry: Load-bearing structures and their constituents and finishes: pisé, cob, adobe, brick, stone; mortars and renders
- Victorian period building styles
Module 3: Traditional Building Materials, Techniques and Agents of Deterioration 3
- Roofing; windows; fittings
- Interiors and decorative finishes
- Federation and later period building styles
2 illustrated reports x 2000 words, worth 35% each; Successful completion of 6 online quizzes, worth 5% each to total of 30%.
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.