AIM717 - Heritage in the Field
|Year||2015 unit information|
Trimester 1, Trimester 2 and Trimester 3 Internship unit
|Unit chair:||K Buckley|
Students need to seek permission from the unit chair to enrol in this unit.
Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin.
Internship: Students will also be required to complete a minimum of 10 days placement.
(i) Students must contact the unit chair prior to enrolling in this unit.
This unit allows students to develop knowledge and skills through experiential learning. The learning occurs through programs and projects that are available in locations external to Deakin. Subject to approval from the Unit Chair, students may undertake the unit through participation in an appropriate program, such as:
- Internships and practical placements in Australia or internationally. This may include UNESCO, ICOMOS or other internships, archaeological site excavations, or placements in professionally-staffed museum or heritage organisations. Internships and practical placements involve working on one or more projects, as agreed with the host institution. Students are required to spend a minimum of 10 working days on the placement. This can be undertaken full-time (e.g. over a minimum of two weeks) or on a part-time basis.
- In-country study tours. Such tours are conducted by Deakin staff, usually during the Australian summer. Recent tours have been to China and Laos.
- In-country educational programs. Student participation in these programs is coordinated by Deakin staff. The programs provide study opportunities in conjunction with partner educational institutions outside Australia.
- Other projects or programs that may arise from time to time.
One preparatory assignment 1000 words 20%, journal or field report 1500 words 30%, essay 2500 words 50%.
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.