AIM726 - Heritage and Museum Operational Issues
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 3: Cloud (online)|
|Unit chair:||S Cooke|
Note:You will need to access substantial learning resources and experiences in CloudDeakin (Deakin’s online learning environment). Compliance with the Standards in computing, connectivity and student capability are a condition on your enrolment.
Module 1: The Governance of Museums
- Governance systems;
- Organisational structures;
- Boards, trustees and meetings;
- Reporting and accountability.
- Sources of finance including shops and catering concessions, admission charges, grants and sponsorship;
- Financial and risk management;
- Legal issues;
- Insurance and indemnity;
- Occupational health, safety and security systems;
- Loyalty programs and management of Friends groups.
- Museum work, and its management;
- Managing consultants and their work in museums;
- Working as a consultant to museums;
- Management of volunteer personnel;
- Induction schemes for new personnel;
- Performance appraisal systems for museum personnel.
Three assignments: 2x1500 words each, 30% each and x1 2000 words, 40%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.