AIM727 - Exhibitions
|Year||2016 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 2: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)|
Trimester 2: Andrea Witcomb
Cloud (online): Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin.
Campus: Students are required to attend a 2 day a week intensive for 3 weeks.
Module 1: The role and function of the Exhibition
- Interpretation and communication theory
- Audience development, understanding visitors' needs and interests
- Exhibition environment
- Range and use of exhibits
- Role of publications and support materials
- Writing exhibition policy
- Developing communication objectives, ideas and themes
- Audience involvement in concept development
- Budget framing and timeline development
- Team assembly
- Arranging loans
- Touring programs
- Understanding exhibit elements and display techniques
- Design brief preparation and designer selection.
- Managing human and financial resources and timelines
- Managing fabrication and installation procedures
- Coordinating touring itineraries
- Planning the opening and future operating environment
- Assessing effectiveness of exhibit elements and audience impact.
Three assignments: 2x2000 words each, 40% each and x1 1000 words, 20%