AIM727 - Exhibitions
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 2: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)|
|Unit chair:||L Young|
Note:You will need to access substantial learning resources and experiences in CloudDeakin (Deakin’s online learning environment). Compliance with the Standards in computing, connectivity and student capability are a condition on your enrolment.
Module 1: The role and function of the Exhibition
- Interpretation and communication theory
- Audience development, understanding visitors' needs and interests
- Exhibition environment
- Range and use of exhibits
- Role of publications and support materials
- Writing exhibition policy
- Developing communication objectives, ideas and themes
- Audience involvement in concept development
- Budget framing and timeline development
- Team assembly
- Arranging loans
- Touring programs
- Understanding exhibit elements and display techniques
- Design brief preparation and designer selection.
- Managing human and financial resources and timelines
- Managing fabrication and installation procedures
- Coordinating touring itineraries
- Planning the opening and future operating environment
- Assessing effectiveness of exhibit elements and audience impact.
Three assignments: 2x2000 words each, 40% each and x1 1000 words, 20%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.