- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
(B, G, X)
Trimester 1, Trimester 2, Trimester 3
|Unit chair:||R Monaghan|
12 units completed including either ALC101, ALC102, and ALC201 or three ALJ coded units or three ALR coded units and permission from the unit chair to enrol in this unit.
Internship units are normally undertaken in third year (or equivalent) and enrolment is subject to completion of specified prerequisite units. Interested students should look at the Faculty Student Mobility website information (http://www.deakin.edu.au/arts-ed/internships/) and are strongly advised to complete the pre internship modules: https://d2l.deakin.edu.au/login.asp target=/d2l/lms/legacy/selfregistration.d2l?ou=6605
Once the modules are completed then contact the Unit Chair before making an application to enrol. Online teaching methods require internet access. Please refer to the most current computer specifications.
After briefing sessions, the content of the unit is the internship itself, which is a placement in a mutually arranged, supervised position where students will undertake a project for the workplace and report on it both to the workplace and the university.
The methodologies that need to be utilised in the project are dependent upon the type of placement. In this particular unit students will be expected to complete the following tasks:
Written report of 3000 words (including journal of internship experience 20% and research element 50%) totalling 70%, folio or show reel 30%.
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.