ASC743 - Analysing Qualitative Data
|Year||2015 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 2: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)|
|Unit chair:||A Singleton|
Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin.
It is strongly recommended that students undertake the ASC741 before enrolling in this unit.
This unit takes a practical approach to doing social research using qualitative methods. Participants will be given the opportunity to use various methods for the analysis of qualitative data.
It covers the following topics:
- Rationale and applicability of qualitative social research (Deductive vs. inductive research
- A brief overview of types of qualitative methods
- Techniques for analysis of qualitative data
- Using, integrating and applying qualitative data
- Report writing
- Disseminating findings/presenting qualitative data for different audiences
- Reading and assessing qualitative research.
- Online exercises, 2000 words, 50%
- Research report, 2000 words, 50%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.