- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
*Dance and Drama not available in off-campus mode.
(For students enrolled in course E760 only)
|Unit chair:||J Grenfell|
J Grenfell (X), E Hirsh (B)
To complete a sequence of units in the selected arts specialism, students must meet the prerequisites outlined in the guidelines published by the Victorian Institute of Education for each Arts methodology area. The prerequisites are:
• ART which may be the areas of: Art, Craft, Computer-generated Art, Sculpture, Photography, and recognising expertise in materials such as pottery, ceramics, textiles, wood and metal) Major study in relevant area(s) of Art which includes at least one quarter of a year of practical Art content.
• MUSIC (a) Major study in Music which includes Practical Music or (b) Major study in Music together with AMEB Grade VI equivalent or Year 12 Practical music or (c) Major study in Music which includes Practical Music specialising in one or more musical instruments.
• DANCE Sub-major study in Dance or Performance Studies (Dance)
• DRAMA Major or sub-major in drama and/or theatre studies including some practical drama and theater major including THEATRE STUDIES) Sub-major study in Drama, Performance Studies (Drama) or Theatre Studies (including practical Drama)
ECA222, ECA226, ECA230, ECA422, ECA426, ECA428, ECA430, ECA722, ECA726, ECA728, ECA730, ELE203, ELE222, ELE234, ELE401, ELE416, ELE430, ELE432
1 x 3 hour Weekly workshop and tutorial or equivalent for off-campus students
This unit focuses on the post-compulsory years of schooling, years 11 and 12, and aims to develop students' abilities to research, create, implement and critically evaluate innovative teaching and learning practices in their selected specialism. Students actively participate in blended, located and cloud based (online) teaching and learning environments and with digital technologies. They engage in critical and analytical discourse to devise and evaluate arts classroom practice and workplace simulations that integrate pedagogy, curriculum and technology.
ECA732 students should note that arts discipline methodology specialisms are available for on and off-campus study strictly as follows:
• Dance - available on-campus at Burwood
• Drama - available on-campus at Burwood
• Music - available on campus at Burwood, or off-campus
• Visual Arts – available on-campus at Burwood or off-campus
Portfolio: 2000 word count equivalent essay or portfolio or presentation appropriate to the specific arts education area. 40%
Curriculum and Assessment Project: 3000 word count equivalent website or portfolio or presentation appropriate to the specific arts education area. 60%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.