- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
* Dance and Drama not available in off-campus mode.
(For students enrolled in course E760 only)
|Unit chair:||D Joseph|
D Joseph (B), J Grenfell (X)
To complete a sequence of units in the selected arts specialism, students must meet the prerequisites outlined in the guidelines published by the Victorian Institute of Education for each Arts methodology area. The prerequisites are:
• ART which may be the areas of: Art, Craft, Computer-generated Art, Sculpture, Photography, and recognising expertise in materials such as pottery, ceramics, textiles, wood and metal) Major study in relevant area(s) of Art which includes at least one quarter of a year of practical Art content.
• MUSIC (a) Major study in Music which includes Practical Music or (b) Major study in Music together with AMEB Grade VI equivalent or Year 12 Practical music or (c) Major study in Music which includes Practical Music specialising in one or more musical instruments.
• DANCE Sub-major study in Dance or Performance Studies (Dance)
• DRAMA Major or sub-major in drama and/or theatre studies including some practical drama and heater major including THEATRE STUDIES) Sub-major study in Drama, Performance Studies (Drama) or Theatre Studies (including practical Drama)
ECA223, ECA303, ECA423, ECA442, ECA444, ECA446, ECA723, ECA742, ECA744, ECA746, ELE204, ELE402, ELE433, ELE434
1 x 3 hour Weekly workshop and seminar
This unit specifically aims to develop understandings of a range of methodologies, pedagogies and philosophies as a basis for professional practice. The unit prepares students to research and apply established theories to classroom practice, in particular, to interpret curriculum change. Students will develop critical and creative thinking skills, interpersonal communication and intercultural understanding as they analyse and reflect on performing and visual arts education pedagogies in the compulsory years of schooling.
ECA733 students should note that arts discipline methodology specialisms are available for on and off-campus study strictly as follows:
• Visual Arts – available on-campus at Burwood or off-campus
• Music - available on campus at Burwood, or off-campus
• Dance – available on-campus at Burwood
• Drama - available on campus at Burwood
Essay appropriate to the specific arts education area
2500 word count equivalent 50%
Appropriate to the specific arts education area
2500 word count equivalent 50%
Vissicaro, P, (2004) Studying Dance Cultures around the World. An introduction to Multicultural Dance education, Kendall/Hunt Publishing company, Dubuque, Iowa, USA
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.