ECI240 - Visual Art and Media Arts
|Year||2015 unit information|
Trimester 1 Off Shore
Students must be enrolled in course E330A
Through the use of computer based online e-learning study materials, scenario based activities and practical seminars, unit content is organised around key creative arts education theoretical frameworks that include:
- ways of knowing;
- exploring, imagining, and experimenting;
- developing divergent thinking processes to enable children to express ideas about themselves and their worlds;
- engaging children's sensory and aesthetic perception through arts related auditory, visual, tactile and kinaesthetic experiences;
- exploring the concept of multiple intelligences through visual-spatial imagery and kinaesthetic / body activities.
Students will critically appraise current trends in arts education research and practice as well as teacher reference and curriculum documents relevant to creative arts teaching with young children. Participation in practical seminars activities will enable students to engage with their own art practice and aesthetic responding to enhance their understanding of creative and cognitive processes and to apply this knowledge in planning teaching and learning programs that support young children's developing artistry. Students will also explore two and three dimensional media and techniques appropriate for young children as they develop their own artistic knowledge and skills.
Task 1: Portfolio, 50%, 2000 words or equivalent
Task 2: Creative Arts Program, 50%, 2000 words or equivalent
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.