ECV704 - Expanding Ideas of Competency
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 2: Cloud (online)|
Student must be enrolled in course E500, E592 or E792.
|Unit chair:||C Ryan|
The Unit is organised around the following focuses:
- A broad view of the notion of competency, the diversity of meanings and applications, including conceptualisations of competency in the UK, Europe and the US.
- The origins and debates surrounding competency both in Australia and overseas with emphasis on the development of workplace knowledge
- Competency at work – different forms of competency, different applications, different outcomes.
- Curriculum – where does it fit in workplace learning, in competency based education and training, assessment; and in the Australian training package context.
Essay, One essay based assignment of 2000 words, focussing on an identification of CBT applications in the student’s own organisation, 40%
CBT plan, Develop a CBT application plan of 4000 words. A plan to develop the use of one of the CBT applications identified in Assignment 1 to enhance human resource development or management in the student’s own organisation, 60%
Buckley, R & Caple, J 2007, The Theory and Practice of Training, 5th edn, Kogan Page, London
Smith, PJ & Sadler-Smith, E 2006, Learning in Organisations: Complexities and Diversities, Routledge, London, New York.
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.