ECV705 - Learning and Development in Organisations
|Year||2016 unit information|
Final offer: Trimester 1 2016
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Cloud (online)|
Student must be enrolled in course E792 or E592.
Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin.
The unit is developed around the following set of themes:
- Aspects of knowledge work in the context of organisational practices which optimise learning and knowledge development;
- Current L&D issues within organizations and their applications to different forms of organisation;
- Diversity in L&D development and response
- Learning and development as a function of organisational characteristics
- Supportive organizational and learning cultures
- The role of learning and development in performance enhancement, and its contribution to change management.
Essay 50%, 3000 words. An essay reviewing literature and practice establishing contemporary directions in Learning and Development within organisations
Project 50%,3000 words. A Change Management Plan based on new knowledge, acquired in this unit, and centred within the student’s own workplace. The Change Management Plan will be centred around Learning and Development.
Sadler-Smith, E 2006, Learning and Development for Managers: Perspectives from Research and Practice, Blackwell, Oxford.
Smith, PJ. & Sadler-Smith, E 2006, Learning in Organisations: Complexities and Diversities, Routledge, London; New York