ECV705 - Learning and Development in Organisations
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Cloud (online)|
Student must be enrolled in course E500 or E592.
|Unit chair:||C Ryan|
The unit is developed around the following set of themes:
- Aspects of knowledge work in the context of organisational practices which optimise learning and knowledge development;
- Current L&D issues within organizations and their applications to different forms of organisation;
- Diversity in L&D development and response
- Learning and development as a function of organisational characteristics
- Supportive organizational and learning cultures
- The role of learning and development in performance enhancement, and its contribution to change management.
Essay 50%, 3000 words. An essay reviewing literature and practice establishing contemporary directions in Learning and Development within organisations
Project 50%,3000 words. A Change Management Plan based on new knowledge, acquired in this unit, and centred within the student’s own workplace. The Change Management Plan will be centred around Learning and Development.
Sadler-Smith, E 2006, Learning and Development for Managers: Perspectives from Research and Practice, Blackwell, Oxford.
Smith, PJ. & Sadler-Smith, E 2006, Learning in Organisations: Complexities and Diversities, Routledge, London; New York
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.