ECV705 - Learning and Development in Organisations
|Year||2016 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Cloud (online)|
Student must be enrolled in course E792 or E592.
|Unit chair:||C Ryan|
Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin.
The unit is developed around the following set of themes:
- Aspects of knowledge work in the context of organisational practices which optimise learning and knowledge development;
- Current L&D issues within organizations and their applications to different forms of organisation;
- Diversity in L&D development and response
- Learning and development as a function of organisational characteristics
- Supportive organizational and learning cultures
- The role of learning and development in performance enhancement, and its contribution to change management.
Essay 50%, 3000 words. An essay reviewing literature and practice establishing contemporary directions in Learning and Development within organisations
Project 50%,3000 words. A Change Management Plan based on new knowledge, acquired in this unit, and centred within the student’s own workplace. The Change Management Plan will be centred around Learning and Development.
Sadler-Smith, E 2006, Learning and Development for Managers: Perspectives from Research and Practice, Blackwell, Oxford.
Smith, PJ. & Sadler-Smith, E 2006, Learning in Organisations: Complexities and Diversities, Routledge, London; New York
Unit Fee Information
All Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP), fee paying undergraduate and pre-2016 commencing students
Unit fee information available soon
2016 commencing International and full fee paying postgraduate domestic students
Your units are priced based on the course you are enrolled in. Please refer to the current year's course entry to estimate the unit cost.
You can calculate the cost of each unit by using the following calculation:
Course fee x unit EFTSL value = unit price