EEG402 - Teaching in a Global World
|Year||2017 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 3: Burwood (Melbourne), Waurn Ponds (Geelong), Cloud (online)|
Campus: Students are required to attend a 6 hour intensive over 4 days
Cloud (online): Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin
Classrooms in Australia and in international settings require teachers to develop intercultural skills and understandings. The new Australian curriculum notes the importance of intercultural understanding as it responds to ‘the imperative for all young Australians to become responsible local and global citizens, equipped through their education for living and working successfully in the globalised world of the 21st century’ (ACARA,2011).
This unit is a response to this imperative as it aims to;
- develop appropriate pedagogies and curriculum to teach cross-linguistically and cross-culturally; explore understandings around culture, identities and situatedness;
- understand the complexities of globalisation, sustainability, human rights in education settings;
- read different education policies and programs;
- review and apply teaching and learning materials; and
- develop practical strategies for cross linguistic and cross-cultural teaching.
This unit will complement the Global Education Program, Study Abroad or other comparable experiences, however these experiences are not a necessary requirement for enrolment in this unit.
Country Portfolio: The country portfolio provides an overview of education in a selected country or region. The audience for this portfolio is teachers who are interested in teaching in that country or region, 50%
Teaching in a Global world: Report: This task is a digital resource designed to document your learning about teaching in a global world, 50%
Unit Fee Information
Unit fee information available soon