EEG402 - Teaching in a Global World
|Year||2015 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 3: Burwood (Melbourne), Waurn Ponds (Geelong), Cloud (online)|
|Unit chair:||J Dyer|
Campus based classes are offered as four intensive seminar for the whole day. CBD is offered as a whole week intensive.
Classrooms in Australia and in international settings require teachers to develop intercultural skills and understandings. The new Australian curriculum notes the importance of intercultural understanding as it responds to ‘the imperative for all young Australians to become responsible local and global citizens, equipped through their education for living and working successfully in the globalised world of the 21st century’ (ACARA,2011).
This unit is a response to this imperative as it aims to;
- develop appropriate pedagogies and curriculum to teach cross-linguistically and cross-culturally; explore understandings around culture, identities and situatedness;
- understand the complexities of globalisation, sustainability, human rights in education settings;
- read different education policies and programs;
- review and apply teaching and learning materials; and
- develop practical strategies for cross linguistic and cross-cultural teaching.
This unit will complement the Global Experience Program, Study Abroad or other comparable experiences, however these experiences are not a necessary requirement for enrolment in this unit.
Country Portfolio: 50%
The country portfolio provides an overview of education in a selected country or region. The audience for this portfolio is teachers who are interested in teaching in that country or region.
Teaching in a Global world: Report 50%
This task is a digital resource designed to document your learning about teaching in a global world.
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.