EEH404 - Health: a Family and Community Focus
* Commences in 2016 at Waurn Ponds (Geelong).
Trimester 2 Burwood (Melbourne), Waurn Ponds (Geelong)*
|Unit chair:||A Mooney|
Students must be enrolled in course E377
3 hour seminar
Topics to be addressed in this unit include:
- A life span approach to family and health
- Different models of family, kinship and community
- Understanding health implications for understanding health promotion approaches
- Key health issues and priorities across the lifespan (tobacco use, depression, suicide, alcohol abuse, gender and violence, diabetes, heart diseases, motor vehicle accidents etc).
- Relationships between class, gender, sexuality, location, age, ability, indigeneity, ethnicity, etc., and health outcomes
- Understanding the determinants of health
- The role of government in health provision, promotion and disease prevention at different stages of the lifespan
- Australia’s policies and practices – how do they compare with other developed and developing countries?
- Changing our health status –key strategies in health promotion.
Assessment 1: Family Health Report Card, 1600 words, 40%
Assessment 2: Health promotion campaign funding submission and presentation – Group task, (2800 words equivalent per member), 60%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.